Yesterday was a busy day. Busy for the terrorists, busy for the hospitals, and busy for the defense forces. Here is a list of Arab terror attacks from yesterday. All of them are from yesterday. I think we broke a record, and I hope that we never again come close to this number, or surpass it.
Before we start, I want to make one thing clear: These “rocks” are more like “boulders.” They are not pebbles. Remember David and Goliath? David killed Goliath with a rock the size of a marble. The rocks in these situations are much bigger, ranging from softball sized to the size of a cantaloupe.
These are not little rocks, and they are weapons like any other.
Okay, now for the list. Ready? I am going in chronological order, from morning to night.
1. Two Molotov cocktails were thrown at vehicles on Route 6. By miracle, no one was hurt and no damage was caused.
2. Rocks were thrown at a Jewish woman as she travled in her car. After throwing the rocks, the Arab mob opened the car doors, kicked her, and tried to wrest her from the car. Thankfully, they didn’t manage. The woman was lightly injured, but still required hospitalization.
3. A female terrorist stabbed two people near Lion’s Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem. Thankfully, she was shot and seriously wounded before she could cause any further harm.
3a. During this same incident, another driver tells how he was almost killed by the same Arabs hurling cinder blocks at him. Remember, when rocks are thrown at moving vehicles, more than one vehicle is in danger.
4. An Arab stabbed a soldier in Kiryat Gat and attempted to steal the soldier’s gun. Luckily the soldier was quick-thinking and fast-moving, and although he himself was lightly injured, he managed to kill the terrorist.
4a. Actually, that’s not what happened – it’s what we thought had happened at first. What really happened is that the terrorist grabbed the gun and ran into a residential building. A kid saw an armed Arab, saw said Arab run into their building, locked their door, and told his father. At first his father didn’t believe him, but he came to the door just in time to see the Arab pass by their peephole. They immediately barricaded the door and alerted the police, who arrived at the spot and managed to kill the terrorist before any further harm had been done. Kudos to the kid, and to the police.
However, a neighbor of theirs was accosted by this terrorist just outside her front door, as the terrorist tried to force his way into her apartment. She took the conflict into the stairwell, and one of the other residents kept her and her mother safe until the border police came. As it turns out, the gun didn’t have a magazine.
5. A riot near Beit El turned dangerous, and the soldiers, who were there to keep security and calm, found themselves being attacked with rocks. They managed to shoot two of the Arabs who had turned violent, and calm was restored.
6. Arab terrorist hurled rocks at a car near Moshav Carmel, and threw flaming tires into the road, in a double attempt to injure civilians. By miracle, no one was hurt, but the car’s windshield was shattered.
7. Arab terrorists threw rocks at cars near Beit Omer. Again, by miracle, no one was hurt in the attack.
8. An Arab terrorist attacked a security officer at my favorite hospital – Hadassah Ein Karem in Jerusalem. The terrorist was apprehended. (Okay, I’m not a fan of hospitals. But I sure would like to have every future baby at Ein Karem, where I had Shlomo.)
9. An Arab terrorist threw rocks at the security team near Shavei Shomron. The IDF chased down the terrorist and arrested him; during a search of his body, they found that the terrorist had also been carrying a knife.
10. Arab terrorists threw rocks at security forces in Jerusalem (near the Old City . . . I wonder why there were security forces there – perhaps because there have been almost daily stabbings in the area?), wounding an officer in his head. The security forces chased down the terrorists and arrested two of them.
11. Arab terrorists threw rocks at border guards near an IDF base in the Binyamin region, wounding an officer in his face. The officer required medical treatment, and the IDF had to work to disperse the rioters.
12. Rocks were thrown at a bus near Beit Omer. No one was hurt and no damage was caused.
13. A fire in a Jerusalem store was apparently caused by arson. The flames were quickly extinguished and police are investigating the incident.
14. An Arab terrorist from Hevron stabbed a civilian in a Petach Tikva mall. Other shoppers got control of the terrorist and disarmed him. The victim suffered wounds to his chest and it is a miracle that he is still alive.
15. Unknown (and therefore – still free) Arab terrorists threw rocks at vehicles driving near Chavat Gilad. No one was hurt and no damage was caused, thanks be to G-d who protects us.
16. Arab terrorists threw firebombs in an arson attempt near Haifa. They were arrested. This was an arson attempt, for some weird reason, at an Arab city, but remember please that the firefighters would have been Jewish, and therefore in danger – and in addition, it is that many firefighting forces and security forces that would have been tied up an unable to respond elsewhere. In addition, fires spread – remember the Carmel forest fire in 2010?
17. An Arab driver attempted to run over Israeli soldiers at a checkpoint near Maale Adumum. Soldiers shot and neutralized the terrorist driver. No Israeli civilians were hurt,but two soldiers were lightly injured and were taken to Shaarei Tzedek Hospital for treatment.
18. Two terrorists threw rocks at a bus in the city of Yaffo. Thankfully, nobody was hurt, but the bus was damaged. The terrorists were arrested, hopefully NOT to be released in the next U.S.-forced deal.
19. Arab terrorists threw Molotov cocktails at a house in Beitar Illit. Nobody was hurt, but the bars on the window of the children’s room were damaged.
20. Arab terrorists threw rocks at a bus near the Hizme checkpoint. By the grace of G-d, nobody was hurt and no damage was caused.
21. Arab terrorists threw rocks at a bus in Natzrat Ilit. Thank G-d, nobody was hurt, but the bus was damaged.
22. Arab terrorists threw rocks at a vehicle near Neve Tzuf. Thank G-d, nobody was hurt and no damage was caused.
When I started this post, I thought there had been ten attacks only. As it turns out, the true number is more than double that I had thought – and I had also thought that ten made sense, but I might have accidentally counted one of the attacks twice.
Truth to tell, this is probably one of the most boring posts I’ve had to write. I mean, how many times can you write, “Terrorists threw rocks at a car,” or “Terrorists threw rocks at security forces,” before it gets boring? All that changes is the location, damage, and number of injured.
If you notice, a good number of these attacks are against security forces. Given that security forces of any country, are, in a sense, more “legitimate” targets (they are soldiers or policemen, not regular civilians), I’d like to divide this list into two sections: Attacks against security forces, and attacks against civilians. (This, by the way, is reason number one why I don’t want Yitzchak in uniform.)
Attacks against security forces: 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 17
Attacks against civlians: 1, 2, 3, 3a, 4a, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
So let’s see: 7 attacks against security forces. And 17 attacks against civilians. In one day.
There were also some attacks that were thwarted:
– An Arab youth pulled out a knife in an attempt to harm border police, but the officers overwhelmed him and took away the knife.
– The family of a terrorist who is being treated in an Israeli hospital started to fight with the police. The police quickly took control of the situation. Sigh. If they’re not interested in respecting hospital regulations, then maybe we shouldn’t be treating terrorists anymore?
On the flip side, a Jewish youth threw rocks at an Arab vehicle. He was, of course, arrested. But can you honestly blame him? It’s not our way to hurt civilians. We are not that kind of nation. But after so many terror attacks – 22 in one day, and countless others within the past month – I think maybe we can cut this Jewish kid some slack. He’s mad, yes. He crossed a red line, definitely. But I totally get why. His friends and family are being killed – right, left, and center.
And the worst part? The international community will take this *one* Jewish rock thrower and concentrate *only* on him, while ignoring the other *22* attacks that were perpetrated yesterday – all of them by Arab terrorists.
Which, of course, is Reason Number Two that Jews should not attack Arab civilians – the international community chooses to pick on us instead of concentrating on the real problem of Islamic terrorists. (Reason Number One, of course, is that it is not our way – we are not low murderers and we do not attack civilians.)